At Budget Transmission in Centennial, we know nothing strikes more fear in a person when they think their car transmission has a problem, what’s wrong with my transmission, and more importantly how much will it cost to fix?
How Do I Avoid Expensive Transmission Repairs?
Transmission repairs can be costly. Fortunately, they can be avoided with proper care and maintenance. Be sure to schedule vehicle transmission services when you have other routine services performed, like an oil change. It could save you big dollars in the long run! Bottom line, maintenance is one of the best things you can do for your vehicle. Here are the two most common transmission upkeep services.
A transmission flush gets rid of all the sludge build up that may have accumulated over time. The old fluid is drained, new fluid and cleaning solutions will be added and flushed through, and then a refill will complete the transmission flush.
A transmission fluid change is a complete fluid change of your transmission, including the filter and pan gasket, which is done according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
If you think you have a transmission problem come on by, we can certainly pop the hood, take a look and provide an answer. Here are common signs of transmission issues:
- Leaking Transmission Fluid – Look for drips, either red or discolored, underneath where your car is parked. Because this is a sealed system, any leak is bad news and needs repair.
- Burning Smell – If you notice this smell, it is usually from the gears overheating due to excess friction. It needs to be tended to immediately.
- Discolored Transmission Fluid – If your transmission fluid is not bright red and sweet smelling, it needs to be changed.
- Gear Shifting – You may notice a hesitation when putting the car in gear, or it may shift gears for no reason. Other issues may be jerking or falling out of gear while driving.
- Strange Noises or Whines – If you hear buzzing, whining or clunks is most certainly not a good sign, especially if the sound is happening while you are in neutral.
- Grinding or Shimmying – If you hear a grinding sound while driving, it could be a sign of a worn clutch or other issues that need transmission repairs.
If you notice any of these signs, come see us in Centennial, Colorado. We know transmissions and do our best to provide superior expertise and transmission repairs at competitive prices.
How Much Do Transmission Repairs Cost?
Determining the cost of your transmission repairs depends on some factors. In general, manual transmissions are usually less expensive to fix than automatic transmissions. Domestic vehicles will cost less than imported or luxury ones. Parts for rare or older models can be hard to find which adds to cost. And of course, the problem that needs to be fixed can either be simple or complicated, and Budget Transmission can only provide a quote if you come to the shop for a free inspection and diagnosis.
When you need transmission repairs, don’t delay in having Budget Transmission in Centennial help you out as soon as possible. Our certified technicians will provide all the maintenance and repairs you need to keep your transmission and entire vehicle running smoothly! Call today for an appointment.